Tuesday 21 October 2014

Storybird


I have been experimenting with Storybird a  free Web 2.0 tool where you can access a range of artwork and create your own ebooks to be published online.

This first one is one of my first Storybirds  containing some of my favourite quotes and ideas about the nature of Creativity. Hope you like it.



I also made this one to publish some 'Found Poetry' I created using the text of the stunning picture book Farther by Graeme Baker Smith as my inspiration.


I loved this little one from the Storybird Community about authoring a story.


To get started simply sign up for a Teacher account at Storybird. You can have a free class,  up to 35 users for free. You and your class can create & publish as many books as you wish. You can also choose to create beautiful 'picture books' such as these or 'longform' books - chapter books.

As a member of the Storybird Community you can also read as many other books by other Storybird authors - a great way to get your students reading AND writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment